We missed you last month! Sincere apologies for the radio silence. Our regular recording schedule was derailed by germ-y fall crud and then by, well… November. Hope those of you that were celebrating Thanksgiving had a wonderful holiday. One of the biggest things on all our gratitude lists is YOU! Thank you so much for going on this journey with us.
We’re all healthy, (mostly) rested, and back this month talking about some of the best things we read in 2016. We could have gone on for hours on this one, because is there really anything better than talking with friends about that amazing book you just read? Grab a beverage of choice (see ours here) and enjoy this month’s episode (which is not actually hours long). Then when you’re done watching/listening, join in the conversation by sharing some of your 2016 favorites in the comments!
And to save you the trouble of frantically jotting down titles while you’re listening here are our lists:
- Codi Gary’s Men in Uniform Series (she particularly loved Hero of Mine)
- J.R. Ward’s The Bourbon Kings Series (she references The Angels’ Share in the show)
- Christina Lauren’s The Beautiful Series (especially Beautiful Boss)
- Lindsay Emory’s Sorority Sisters Mysteries: Sisterhood is Deadly and Rushing to Die (we’re ALL hoping for more of these in 2017!)
Mary Chris’ List:
- Phoebe Fox’s Breakup Doctor Series (she read the last two, Heart Conditions and Out of Practice)
- Amy Reichart’s The Coincidence of Coconut Cake
- Laura Dave’s Eight Hundred Grapes
- Lucy Burningham’s My Beer Year
- Sally Thorne’s The Hating Game
- Naomi Novik’s Uprooted
- Peter May’s The Blackhouse from his Lewis Trilogy
- Natalie Livingstone’s The Mistresses of Cliveden
Again, we’d love to hear about your favorite books of 2016 in the comments, as well as any suggestions you have for topics you’d like to see us cover in 2017.
Cheers! And happiest of holidays!