This month we’re adding our voices to the topic “du jour” in the world of book marketing (drumroll, please) … The Email List. Listen in as we cover the who, what, when, where, why of this massively popular way to connect with readers:
- Who to target with your newsletters
- What to send them
- When (i.e. how often) to send messages
- Where to find readers
- Why e-mail is the gold-standard in communicating with them
- How to go about getting into readers inboxes (hint: by asking nicely and adding value to their lives)
- Plus, a few tricks of the trade to make this all seem a little less overwhelming
Grab your drinks and join us!
The two e-mail marketing services we mentioned in the show are MailChimp and MailerLite. They aren’t buying us any drinks for mentioning them, we just wanted you to have the links right here in case you’re curious.
Finally, as always, if you want more details on what we’re drinking, you can find them here (including Julia’s French 75 recipe this month). It’s fitting that Julia’s drinking a fancy cocktail with sparkling wine this month, since her new Scottish historical series, The Matchmaker of Edinburgh, launches this month with the first title The Look of Love out October 9. Congrats!
Thanks so much for supporting First Draught and spending time with us each month!